Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Day 11- Dazed and Confused

The last few days have been a real test of my resolve not to engage with my husband.

We made a principled agreement about when we would divorce, which is based on a number of practical issues. In the meantime, we are keeping a number of assets as they are. Or we were doing that.

Yesterday, he called me with great excitement. He has a job offer which caused him to want to change the agreement.

I'm a little bit proud of myself, since I started to get very angry with him. And instead, I sent him a short email outlining what would need to happen to make this work, and stressing that I see doing the heavy lifting to enable it as being his job. Friendly, distance.

But the truth is, it's so hard not to scream and shout. I'm stuck in this situation financially/legally for a variety of reasons. He has escape as an option. Always has. Every time.

Meanwhile, I'm really struggling to prepare with my therapist to see Patte this weekend. He's willing to do anything for me except end the impasse. And I don't see how this can go anywhere but back to no contact.

I am, however, convinced that coming to that decision together is the option I want to try to take.

If it fails, other story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate comments. But I post almost everything not generated by robots.