Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Day 18-- Meanwhile back at the ranch

My husband called to tell me he wasn't taking the job he was offered. He rather sneeringly remarked he was sure I'd see it as a failure. His reason was he didn't think he could build a new life on his own. 

This isn't news to me. It's still astonishing that after so many years he sees me as someone who was obsessed with success. Why would I have been with him if I was? Sorry, but true.

I disengaged quickly, hung up the phone. And it's everything I can do to keep from calling him to argue. No point. He has to hate me to leave me. And if what he says about me now has no resemblance to who I was or who I've ever been, then so it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate comments. But I post almost everything not generated by robots.